Friday, July 13, 2012

I guess I should apologize....

  I have heard some very good feedback about this blog I have going.  I have heard things like " bout time somebody can be completely honest bout the fucked up business thats goin on in the area" and "Props to this killaz for always speaking his mind. Whoop! Whoop!" I can tell you it is so nice to hear feedback like that.  But of course there is also the other side of the coin.  I have been told that some people are saying the "things he writes are him trying to start beef with everyone" and other statements along those lines.  So this post is in response to those who feel that way.  Here we go!

First I write the blog for me.  Am I happy other people check it out, for sure.  But first and foremost it is my way of keeping track of all the shows I go to, participate in, and help with.  This allows me as a business owner to make better decisions on who I work with in any city.  This allows me to log an artists growth as I see them perform more often.  I have several artists that I have signed to manage based on these methods of doing business.

Second, I make it a point not to call out venues, promoters, bookers, etc by name as to not drag their name through the mud.  I intentionally leave peoples names out of it because those I am referring to know who they are by the show!  If you are in that category and I have offended you I am not going to apologize, there is no need for that.  I write an honest blog based on what I see happening at the shows.  Of course I don't know how much time anyone has put into the promotion and other things but I have not seen any promo being done outside of certain social media sites.  I have also spoken with some people who have told me things in confidence which I don't include in the blog but definitely take into consideration when writing about these things.

Third is to the artists.  I have absolutely no ill will in writing a negative review of your show.  If you didn't do well take the criticism as just that.  Make changes if you want to.  Don't make changes if you don't want to.  All I can do is give my best most honest review of your performance that night.  As some may have seen then past 2 shows, I criticized 2 Skare in the Kisa show review but the show on Wed got a more favorable review based on his choice of changes.  I appreciate the fact he may have made some of those changes based on my blog.  Much respect to him for that.  And yes the artists do get named because it is their stage performance I am critiquing.  I am hoping that by giving the most honest assessment I can it will make people better.  If I give you a negative review it's not because I have beef with you, it is because I think an artist needs to hear honesty!  I critique the artists signed to my company, Wicked Butterfly Entertainment, just as hard if not harder because they are my guys.  They know it's nothing but feedback to make them better.

Lastly for every artist, promoter, booker, etc. I have absolutely no stake in your success or failure unless you have signed on for my management.  Thus I have no reason to start beef with anyone.  I am only trying to give people an accurate view of a show, album, song, whatever so people can take it and make themselves better.  If we all start to top the underground charts we all put the Southwest on the map.  If you don't want my feedback that's cool too, don't read my blog.  I will never apologize for being honest.  I will never apologize because that honesty hurts your ego.  I love each and every one of you guys out here on the grind.  I hope you can see that and give it back.  I will never "beef" online, never put your name out there, and never turn my back on the truth.

MMFWFL,

Juggalotus


3 comments:

  1. You know what I say? Fuck you if you can't take the heat. You think you're the shit? Prove it! You got game and skills that you think Juggalotus critiqued unfairly? Fuck you. Everyone has their own opinion and I'd LOVE for one of you to come up to me and tell me that he's wrong or I'm wrong. Take what he says as a building block or get the fuck off the building.

    I'm just sayin, if you can't take it when someone says you suck, then you don't belong in the set. Get better or get out! Make your shit hit harder or be soft and fuck off.

    Much Love,
    Draz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @Draztik

    @Juggalotus

    Thanks again for mentioning me :) And yes I did take "Get Ya W.I.C.K.E.D On" off the set list because I felt I wanted to do a more professional approach to the show seeing as there were "big wigs" in the house that night, and I did not want to put myself out as coming off as another juggaclone fresh on the psychopathic nut sack. So thanks to the critique of the Miss Kisa show, it did help me. As far as "normal" shows go, I will be putting it back on the set list as I feel its a power song I.E: JUMP UP AND DOWN, GET YA BOOGIE ON. That kinda feel. As far as beef. I have none with you or Draztik. I do however have some beef with the lack of promotion that comes along with these local shows. Yes I'm sure the "promoters" spend lots of money to bring the big name artists to our city, but what do they do to promote it other than putting it in the newspaper or on facebook? Not alot of people read the newspaper, and not alot of people from our kind of crowd read it.

    @Wannabe Promoters

    My suggestion is that if you want more people at your shows, then advertise where people go. THE MALL!!! Hot Topic, Spencers, even Hastings will allow us to post flyers and posters. Hell give me the flyers and posters and shit and I'll do it for you as payment for my time on stage, but I better be getting a better slot than second or 3rd. I like a few other artists have to drive from out of town or state just to make it, and then we have to give money from our pockets just to get shafted in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 Skare, I appreciate the fact you see my blog as a forum to improve yourself. I also appreciated the fact you gave my idea some consideration. If more artists and promoters took your approach we would all be better off. I think the last set you did had much more energy than the last and definitely made you stand out in my eyes. Of course with this blog I am not trying to hurt feelings or cause beef, just give my two cents. Everyone that reads it can take it however they want. Thanks for the reply :)

      Delete