Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Esham's rant on Psychopathic

  So today while checking out Faygoluvers I watched a video posted by Esham on Youtube that gives his side of why he left Psychopathic.  In this video he gives derogatory statements about the entire Psychopathic family.  How much of the video is based on fact is debateable.  So here is the video in question:




  So my feelings are this.  While watching the video I found myself questioning Esham and his motives.  He comes across like he is bitching about something and has no facts to back it up.  He makes claims of pedophilia, homosexuality, and shady money dealings.  He seems like he is a boyfriend/girlfriend who is complaining because they were hurt personally in a business dealing.  Now I know the rap game is a mix of both and there is always some reason to "beef" with someone else.  While I respect Esham as an origionator of the genre this video really hurts his credibilty.  To me Psychopathic reached out to him, due to his influence on their music, at a time when he had become irrelevent in the genre.  He was past his prime and I truely feel he used ICP and Psychopathic records to increase his fanbase.  I know the Family and know this post will kill what Juggalos and Juggalettes he has left as fans.  He does say he loves Juggalos, but in ripping Psychopathic he is not going to keep us around.

  I truely love the family and this movement.  While I have yet to read Psychopathic records official response, I do hope they will pass it off and let it go.  We as Juggalo/Juggalettes need to make sure we do not jump to conclusions.  We do not know both sides of the story and we don't know how much of the video is true.  From what I know about the music and company an official response is forthcoming, no guarantee that is going to happen.

MMFCL,
  Juggalotus

2 comments:

  1. Was this really even made by Esham?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately yes. He came out a few days later apologizing to the Juggalos. He never retracted the statements about Psychopathic but insisted he loved the fans. I hated to write about this as I am a huge fan of Esham. Seems like a really bad decision on his part.

    ReplyDelete