Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kingz of the street Aug 3, 2012

  I was in attendance at the Kingz of the street show at the 12052 Event Center in Amarillo, TX on Aug 3, 2012.  Why is this review so late you might ask, well I went to the Gathering of the Juggalos and didn't get time to post it prior to leaving!  Anyway the show turnout was much better than the last few shows I have attended, but that was due to it being a different promoter.  The promoter seemed to have done a great job getting people out to the show.

First up on the stage was a new young rapper named Pastor J.  He put on a good stage show even though he was really young.  The set was enjoyable but not memorable. 

Next we had Concrete Connection, otherwise known as Mr. 806 and his crew.  They did their normal set and the crowd really seemed to dig it.  I was indifferent as it was not my genre of choice.  But that being said they always are enjoyable to watch.

The next group I cannot remember their name and honestly cannot remember their performance.  I guess that says all you need to know about it.

Then we got to Ill literate Productions and the Balaholic family.  They had issues with to many people talking on the mic at once.  They tended to walk over each others vocals which made for a disjointed and kinda annoying set.  When they were not talking over each other they did well.

After that we had a little down time before getting to our hosts for the night Worldz Kollide.  Rezerect and his crew absolutely killed it.  They got the crowd hella hype and definitely made the show pop from that point forward.

Second to last in the night was Black Project.  They performed old classics and a few new tracks.  One of the new tracks was called Dig Your Grave and it was dope as hell.  They had some audio problems but overall it was a good show.

The night ended with Sir Johnson and his crew on the stage.  To be honest I had to leave to get home so I missed a majority of their performance.  But knowing Sir Johnson the show ended on a high note.

  Thats it.  For the first show I have attended by this promoter I have to say I am looking forward to working with them again.  The show was dope and I had a really good time.

MMFWFL,

Juggalotus

No comments:

Post a Comment