Thursday, July 4, 2013

What would you do?

  I recently reviewed the newest CD released by Kansas City rapper Irv Da Phenom for Faygoluvers.  The review was favorable and quite different from any other CD I have reviewed up til now.  For those that don't know Irv Da Phenom is a more mainstream rapper who recently went out on the road with Horrorcore legend Mars from California.  He has done a lot of work with many artists such as Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, and Kutt Calhoun.  His album was very well written and lyrically on top of the game.  So I posted the review and sent the links to all the Facebook pages I am a part of and also posted it to Irv's Facebook page and ensured he got the link as well.  Yesterday he posted this on his page:

"Hey! The guys over at Faygoluvers reviewed Irv Da Phenom's new album Los Kangeles.

Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Do you agree with this review? Do you disagree? With everything leaking early now days & being streamed before release do you even feel album reviews are still important?"


Shortly after it was posted someone responded with this:


"With a site called "FaygoLuvers" and a reviewer named "Juggalotus", I can't take any of this seriously."

I found this response odd for two reasons.  First if an artist I liked took the time to post a review of their album I wouldn't really care what the name of the site or reviewer was I would go check it out and answer the original question asked by the artist "Do you agree with this review? Do you disagree? With everything leaking early now days & being streamed before release do you even feel album reviews are still important?"

Second, why would someone choose to not only ignore the review but then criticize the reviewer without seeing if the guy knew what he was talking about based simply on the name of the site or reviewer?

So I guess this blog is asking all of you who read this blog this question Would you go read the review if a favorite artist of yours posted it?  Would you not go to the link based solely on the site name or reviewer name?  And I would also like to know your thoughts on Irv's original question are album reviews still important?

I personally would go check out any album review posted by a favorite artist of mine because I welcome all opinions and feel they can broaden my perspective on music.  I would never not go to a site based on the name or reviewer name.  and yes I do think album reviews are important not only for the fans but also the musicians.  Musicians can take the positives and the negatives and improve what they do.

So this is a short post but I would really like to get some feedback from you guys!

MMFWFL,

Juggalotus

No comments:

Post a Comment