Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My response to the removal of the Gang label



So I was asked recently to post a blog regarding the FBI labeling us a gang.  Back in November of 2011 I did respond to the release of the list, http://juggalosupport.blogspot.com/2011/11/fbi-and-juggalos.htmlAfter reading the recent post by Dmize I feel as though I need to write and expansion to the first blog.

The who, what, where, and when are all self explanatory.  Then we come to the why.  This is where I feel the need to add onto this post.  He say “what makes a juggalo "gang affiliated"... there is that small bunch of apples that give us that bad name, but the question on everybodys mind is, why include the whole subculture???”  I agree completely that a few bad apples has spoiled an otherwise peaceful group of people.  He goes on further to state “when these bad apples go out, and commit their crimes, they scream and claim "juggalo" just as a west sider or latin king would represent his set while committing a crime. so as you can see. many bad apples scream juggalo while committing crimes... that got the entire "juggalo family" added to the list. now... do the math.. from one city. to other cities. to state. to nation.....
Juggalo will not be removed from that until it is able to be proven were not all sociopathic assholes that cause shit for people.” 
This is where my opinion differs.  Just because someone commits a crime and claims a certain group of people does not give the government or anyone the right to classify that group of people as a gang.  Throughout history crimes have been committed in the name of things.  During the Crusades terrible things were done in the name of God, yet no religions are on the gang list.  Radical Islam commits crimes and horrific acts in the name of Allah, yet they are not on the gang list.  The Arian Brotherhood, Satanists groups, KKK, Black Panthers, etc all commit crimes while claiming their affiliations but yet none of them made the list.  These group actively advocate violence and disorder in our cities and towns.  When it comes to Juggalos, we are a group of people with a common interest in music.  For the most part we do not commit violent crimes similar to MS 13 or the Latin Kings yet we are being mentioned in the same breath with them because of a few “bad apples.”
He ends the post by asking “HOW DO WE FIX THE PROBLEM!???!!?”
To me the answer is simple.  If you are a true Juggalo/Juggalette and the idea that you are included on the gang list pisses you off, stop doing and committing crimes!   And if you do get caught or arrested for something remember it is not cool or fashionable to scream Juggalo at the top of your lungs to cover up your bad decisions.  If you fall into the category I am in being an old school Juggalo or Lette, act right and show the new generations what the movement is all about.  Don’t tag “Fuck the FBI” “Wicked Clowns” or “Juggalo” on things, tagging is a crime.  Don’t sell drugs, use drugs, or give the authorities any reason to arrest you.  That is why so many of us have a bad name.  Am I saying don’t do those things because I oppose them, no I do not.  But if you are driving in your car with ounces of weed and paraphernalia don’t be mad at the cops when you get searched and arrested!  It is not the cops fault you made a bad choice.  They have a job to do as well.  With the exception of a few “mall cops” I have had police pose questions about my hatchet jerseys.  My answer is always the same “It represents a record label out of Detroit” I have not been arrested or labeled a gang banger because of my music or clothes I choose to wear.  If you respect the authorities they will respect you back.
We will never be removed from the gang list if we continue to perpetuate the image the rest of the world wants to see.  As we approach the holidays I suggest Juggalos and Juggalettes everywhere contact local charities and see if you can volunteer to help.  When you go to help wear a jersey or charm.  Don’t hide the fact you are a juggalo!  Once we start to get positive publicity things will change.  Psychopathic records has for the past few years done these things.  From the toy drive to the free performance at the shelter they are setting the example.  Follow their example and things will change.

MMFWFL,
Juggalotus


2 comments:

  1. I know you posted this a while ago, but I completely agree. I absolutely hate having to explain to the idiots, that even though we are labeled as such, we are not a gang. The people that I run with also agree and are equally offended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog and responding. I hate having to justify myself as a fan of a genre and not a gang member.

      Delete