Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is a Juggalo/Juggalette?

So I am always asked what my tattoo means.  I have on my right calf a guy running carrying a hatchet with the words Denver Juggalo surrounding it.  My first instinct is just to quickly say Oh that means I am a fan of the Insane Clown Posse.  But then I fell the need to expand on that by explaining who they are, why I listen to it, what kind of music it is, etc.  So I decided to make this blog post informative about what I feel makes a person a Juggalo.  So here we go:

A Juggalo IS a fan of the Insane Clown Posse.  They are also fans of other underground Death Rap groups such as Twiztid, Anybody Killa, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, Marz, Kung Fu Vampire, and many others.  Are most of those groups a part of Psychopathic records?  Yes they are.  But that is because Psychopathic has made itself the center of the genre.  A juggalo is a person who has never really fit into any certain group or click.  As fans we consider each other family.  It is a group of people with similar interests who are not concerned with race, religion, sex, or any of the other BS that divides us as people.  Throughout the world the Hatchetman symbol is recognized and Juggalos are everywhere.Anyone who questions this needs to listen to the song by ICP called "lets go all the way" it is a very good representation of what the community stands for.  For anyone who read my last blog you will understand that the current media is classifying Juggalos as a gang.  This is complete crap, but if you want my feelings on this read the last post.  I have never gone to any Psychopathic related event and had any concern for my safety.  I have always felt welcomed.  Now there is a divide between the old and new Juggalos, but much like any family there is always differences between generations.  Female fans are called Juggalettes.  They would fit the same criteria as above.  The family is always there.  They don't care where your from they welcome you.  We have a common greeting, either What up ninja or Whoop Whoop!  Now many groups with a solid cult following such as Kiss, Phish, Greatful Dead, etc. do not readily call themselves the common names of fans.  ICP and the others all call themselves Juggalos.  This is unique to the culture.  They don't stand out as the leaders or above the fans.  They consider themselves fans as well.  The term Juggalo was not created by the groups.  I have met and interacted with all of the above groups and I can personally attest that they are willing to just hang with their fans.  They are not pre-Madonnas.  They are down to earth and honestly appreciative to the fan base. 

So Why am I a Juggalo?  I am a Juggalo because I love the message that is presented in the music.  I love the fans and history of the groups.  I love the fact it isn't about all the PC bullshit.  The artists say what they feel, don't let the record label censor them, and refuse to change to make it in the mainstream.  I am a Juggalo because I choose to be.  I am proud to be a Juggalo.  I will live and die as a Juggalo.  This is who I am and no matter how much hate and horrible things get said about the groups, music, fans, or beliefs will change that.  I hope this clears things up about my beliefs.  Peace and MMFWCL (Much, Much wicked clown love)

Juggalotus

1 comment: