Thursday, March 24, 2011

Faith and Music

Today's blog is going off track a little bit but not too far.  I have been asked recently if being a Juggalo and a member of my church are contridictary.  Like being one is the opposite of the other.  My response was a simple one but I will elaborate it here a bit more.  I do not feel as though the two things are opposites.  Both sides teach me to love all humans and not discriminate against anyone because of gender, race, religion, etc.  Both have brought me a lot of peace and comfort in my life.  My belief in both is made stronger everyday by my actions and the response it brings from those around me.  The devotion to both is a must.  I mean I have to be completely trusting that the things I am taught in each is right.

  So I am asking all those who read my blog or just stopping by, does being devoted to a certain faith mean you cannot be a Juggalo?

  I understand to the common listener ICP might come off as evil or wicked.  But if someone takes the time to understand the meaning behing the message they would find that it is not at all what it seems on the outside.  They would find the devotion to a God.  They would see the talk of murder in the music is simply their way of expressing their displeasure with those in society who are not good for humanity.  I know I do not support wife beaters, child molesters, rapists, wealthy people who care for nothing except money and greed, racists, or the corrupt.  I know a lot of people cannot get past the graphic nature of the music to hear the message.  They can't see tracks like "Pass me by", "Miracles", "Wind me up", "Thy Unveiling" and other tracks that have no killing in them.  But instead spread a positive message about God and the many things people take for granted about our Earth.  Those of us who have been open minded enough to hear these messages have been profoundly affected.

  The whole Meme aspect of Miracles should tell people that the book may not match the cover.  Sure a lot of what they talk about most people would not classify as miracles, but I would.  If we start to view the world through the eyes of a child we might notice that small things really are miracles.  That song single handedly made me view the world in a different way.  I remember being 8 or 9 and not understanding the way magnets worked.  It amazed me and I found myself experamenting with magnet trying to figure it out.  People today want everything explained.  But the one thing that we will never have an explaination for is Death.  We don't know what happens when we die.  Most believe we go to heaven and it is total bliss.  Some believe we are reborn as something else.  Some believe nothing happens.  The great thing is we never know.

  As I close this blog I ask all the Family to remember that ALL Juggalos and Juggalettes are our family.  Those who are not in the family and knock our music are misunderstood.  It is our job as Juggalos/juggalettes to set the example.  To be the group of people that regardless of our music can rise above hate and be the perfect example for others.  If we begin to change the view the others will follow.  Believe in a God or supreme being.  There is no harm in questioning simple things and enjoying the small miracles.  Keep an open mind.  We need not fight with one another, there is enough hate outside our family.  Keep your head up and try to keep your eyes on the positives.  Much family love to all my family.

Juggalotus

No comments:

Post a Comment