Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Low Down and Dirty Tour Review

So Sunday night we went to Lubbock, TX to see Boondox and Mars on the Low Down and Dirty tour!  It was me, my wife, one of her friends and my homies Jay, Draztik, Cosmo (I will explain his name in a second), and T.  We left around noon and were surprised when we got there and not too many people were around, it was about 3 pm.  We went inside Jakes to relax and get a few drinks.  Here is where cosmo gets his name, he introduced himself to me as dizzle, but the first drink he ordered was a Vodka/Cranberry.  When the drink arrived and was PINK looking like a cosmo his name was official.  He is a young 21 and we had to break him into more manly drinks after this.  The BS came in a few minutes later when the bartender began passing up Juggalos who wanted drinks and no waitresses would come to our side of the bar.  We kinda made a fuss and Draz talked to the manager and got it straightened out.  We finally get into Jake's Backroom where the show is going to be around 7ish.

  The first group out of the box was Multiple Personality Disorder.  I didn't much like their set but other people did.  Then a few other local groups came up and did about 15 min each, I can't really remember the names so I guess that explains what I thought of them.  During the second to last opener, Claas, I noticed Mars come into the room.  I hit him up because we had an interview scheduled at the show (review for that is coming on the blog soon.  I am cleaning up the audio and getting a transcript ready), he said to get with him after his set and we would be good to go.  The last opener before Mars was a group called Wicked Ways.  They were really good.  They started their show and then the black lights kicked on revealing Glow in the Dark paint, it was pretty sweet!  They did about 20 min and then it was time for Mars.

  Mars went on stage and absoultely killed it!  He did a ton of old songs and a few new ones.  He did his things for about 20 minutes and then turned the stage over to Cousin Cleetus.  Cleetus did amazing!  I only got to see the beginning of his set and then I had to go interview Mars.  From what I was told Cousin Cleetus announced his affiliation with Psychopathic as official, although I will wait for word from the label on that.

  I was able to interview mars for about 40 minutes.  He was super cool and down to earth.  He freely answered all of my questions and I am stoked to be able to get that interview online ASAP!  Draztik also was able to talk with him about a possible collab (but that is purely specualtion at this point, nothing official).

  Then it was time for the Skarcrow himself, Boondox.  He hit the stage and blew back every wig in the audience.  My boy T had his PSychopathic concert cherry popped, and lets just say he was loving life.  Boondox tore the stage with a huge selection from his discography and even dropped some new sounds on us, let's just say I can't wait for a new Boondox Album!  He hit all the classics like Seven, Toast to the Family, Freak Bitch, Color you dead, and so many more.  He truely stood alone as the Psychopathic killa that night. 

  So I wake up today and find out that the next stop on their tour was in Albuquerque and one of the opening acts jumped Cousin Cleetus 4 on 1.  No explaination other than shouting 505 and then throwing down.  He is fine and the tour rolls on.  Boondox seems quite pissed and I would hate to see what happens to the guys that did that crap.  So that is the stale news.  The hype news i s that the tour still has a ton of stops and encourage all Juggalo/Juggalettes to get your butts to the tour.  Whatever the ticket price it will be worth it.

  That's all I got right now.  But keep your eyes peeled on the blog for the interview coming with Mars.  I will do my best to get it up before next week.


MMMFWCL,
  Juggalotus

No comments:

Post a Comment